Find the right tool for the digital marketing job!
Not sure what all these tasks are, well read on. Our mission is to make it easy for business owners to quickly find the right tool for the job without having to dig through all the marketing jargon out there.
Trying to increase organic traffic? Start with SEO.
- Looking to engage deeply with your customers? Start with content marketing.
- Looking to increase your media mentions? Get going on Digital PR
- Attempting to increase the frequency with which site visitors buy or sign up? Conversion Rate optimization is your best bet.
- Trying to connect directly with your customers in a real way? Then Social media marketing is your best bet.
- Trying to make the most of your existing customer base? Email marketing will get you there.
- Just trying to figure out what’s actually happening on your site? Check out the best analytics and reporting tools.
SEO Search Engine Optimization
SEO is all about leveraging the characteristics behind the designs of search algorithms to make sure your site get a higher share of available traffic.
Tasks Involved with SEO:
- Keyword Research: One of the cornerstones of utilizing search engines understanding which terms are actually searched by customers the most often. Without this information, it’s difficult to really figure out what’s even worth ranking for.
- Rank Tracking: Sure everyone wants to rank #1, but without proper rank tracking software it’s impossible to gauge your success. Additionally it’s always good to keep an eye on the competition.
- Site Audit: All SEO start with your site. Being sure that it works properly and search engines can (and want) to crawl it frequently is key to success.
- Backlink Building: Even as search engines try to shift their focus towards customer interactions and deep learning links from across the web have always been the single largest factor. Unfortunately building links to pages are most site owners final stumbling block to success.
- Competitor Analysis: Understanding what the competition is doing and why they are succeeding can provide ample information on how to execute a winning strategy.
- Site Moves: Migrating a site can often present huge strategies for a business, these tools make sure you avoid any drop off.
- Panda Penalty Recovery: Panda penalty’s were Google’s response to low quality content. While this has since been introduced into their core algorithm, understanding the weaknesses of a business site are key to moving past these issues.
- Backlink Monitoring: While building links is important, making sure there’s no garbage damaging your site is equally as important.
- Penguin penalties (backlink disavowals): Coupled with Penguin penalties is the reality that sometimes a site has too many low quality links pointing to it. Locating these issues and disavowing them is key to success.
- Local Marketing: As users have focused increasingly on cell phones and search on a local level ensuring that your business enjoys as much local traffic as possible is key.
Content marketing is about more than just writing blog posts. It’s about writing genuine content that your (soon to be) customers will love and want to share.
Tasks involved with content marketing:
- Content Ideation: No great piece of marketing can exist without a great idea. These tools help you figure out what else is out there. Who wouldn’t rather stand on the shoulders of giants?
- Amplification: Unfortunately if you build it they won’t come. With all the other businesses trying to break through with content, making sure yours is getting the most traction is key.
- Content Creation: Unfortunately creating content can be deceptively more challenging then it seems, these tools make it easier.
- Influencer Identification: Successful content is much easier to create when the people who would most love your content can easily check it out.
- Influencer Marketing: One of the key areas of success with content is making sure the right people, communities, and customers are seeing it.
CRO: Conversion Rate Optimization
Conversion rate optimization can offer one of the best payoffs for business owners. Sometimes doubling your sales with better design is easier than quadrupling your traffic with a variety of other marketing channels.
Tasks involved in conversion rate optimization:
- UX (user experience design): Dissecting the specifics of how users interact on your site, and especially what they don’t like, is key to growth.
- Reporting: While true for any marketing effort having efficient tracking and reporting on users is essential for successful CRO.
- Lead Nurturing: Closing the sales leads you actually have can often be an overlooked method for growth.
While traditional PR hasn’t really changed much and mostly shifted to the internet. These use specific tools can help you grow your business directly through media mentions to interested audiences.
Tasks involved in digital PR:
- Influencer Identification: Finding the right people who are popular enough to build a relationship is often the first step in a consistently successful PR campaign.
- Outreach Management: With thousands of potentially important figures, writers, and journalists out there, keeping track of your outreach can be a massive challenge.
- Media Opportunities: Luckily there are a variety of tools that can connect you directly with journalists hungry for an interviewee or lead.
- Social Listening: Keeping taps on what’s trending or popular on the social web will help you identify the consistently most important opportunities out there.
- Reputation Management: Making sure that your business is seen in the best light is almost as important as getting your good name out there, these tools are there to help.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is so much more than just the occasional post on Twitter or Facebook. Genuinely building a close relationship and understanding your audience can provide massive benefits.
Tasks involved in social media management:
- Social Management: Given all the potential channels out there, these tools make all the options out there far easier to manage.
- Social Analytics: Actually understanding how your business is performing and what the competition looks like is just as important as representing your business well.
- Social Engagement: These tools make it easy to create engaging opportunities for customers to engage with your business.
- Social Listening: Knowing what’s happening with customers and your audience can help you understand how to engage.
Analytics & Reporting
You can’t get the full benefits of your site without really understanding how customers act on your site. These tools all dissect those interactions and should give you an idea of what is and isn’t working on your site.
Tasks involved in analytics and reporting:
- Reporting: Not every business owner wants to be a master in analytics tools, these reporting tools can make available information clearer.
- Social Analytics: How customers interact on social platforms can give you definitive insights into what is and isn’t working out there.
- Competitor Analysis: Why just get reports on your own site, when you can gather valuable information on what is and isn’t working for customers.
While many business owners know they should send a monthly email to customers, there are luckily hundreds of tools out there to get the maximum value out of all your customer emails since the invention of the humble newsletter.
Tasks involved in email marketing:
Newsletters: While sending a simple email is easy, the art of sending information customers care about can be quite a challenge. These tools make it easy to manage and send information in bulk.
Amplification: Sending out offers and content to your customers or potential customers can often be one of the most fruitful ways to generate more revenue.
Starting a Business: While starting a business is involves thousands of moving parts, these emails focus explicitly on the challenges and interests of those looking to use emails for business growth.
Lead Nurturing: Nothing is worse than a cold lead left to die on the vine. These tools streamline the task of keeping customers engaged.
Starting a Personal Brand: Starting a personal brand is no easy task, but these tools will help your customers remember and learn to love you.